- A 630 square foot studio apartment with a private entrance offers guests all the amenities of home. It features a large, bright, comfortable living area with ceiling to floor windows, laminate oak flooring, a queen size bed with deluxe Simmons Beautyrest plush-firm mattress, Dish TV with over 200 channels including HBO, Netflix, Amazon, Acorn (the best of British TV), streaming via the 28″ flat panel TV, a strong Wi-Fi connection, I-Pod jack, CD player and air conditioning. Try your hand again at classic board games, backgammon or card games. Mini library and CD selection of mellow jazz and classical music.
- Bathroom with shower featuring cruelty-free body wash, soaps and ample quality towels.
- Large fully equipped kitchen, should you want to prepare meals or snacks, with a full size oven and refrigerator, eat-in dining area, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, food processor, waffle maker, slow cooker, a selection of teas, Pierce Brothers Cafe blend organic coffee, hot chocolate, jams, cold and hot cereals for your enjoyment.
- Cozy fleece sheets for cooler temperatures. Blankets for the 4-leggeds as well as dog bowls and biscuits.
- If you have more than two people in your party, please see available overnight options.
- Visitors can use the adjoining deck and garden and enjoy walks with their pets on beautiful, quiet country roads.
- For hiking enthusiasts, there are several area state parks close to the Cottage and other local trails offering hikers a plethora of beautiful choices.
- For dogs and people who love to swim, a guide to nearby river and lake sites for water activities.
- Area and regional information and brochures.
- If you’ve forgotten something either people or pet-related, just ask as I probably have it.
- All cleaning items used for the cottage are cruelty-free and environmentally-friendly products.
If you are interested in a reservation, you may check our availability calendar page. Because Cavalier Cottage can only accommodate one party of guests at a time, we recommend that if your desired date/s are available, you secure the space by submitting a $100 deposit, in order to avoid disappointment.
Additional information pertaining to visiting 4-leggeds:
* ALL breeds are welcome.
* There are NO additional fees for bringing pets.
* Dogs are totally unrestricted in the cottage.
* Dogs may be left alone in the cottage when you choose to go out without them. You may crate them if you so desire, but the Cottage does not require this. The owner is always more than delighted to check-in on pets if this makes a guest feel more comfortable.
* Dogs have the exclusive use of the adjoining garden and deck for hanging out.
* Beautiful Oxbow Road is a beautiful, quiet country road for dog walks.
* We have dog biscuits, dog bowls, dog bedding and a large wire crate (just in case you need one).
EXTRA PET CARE SERVICES (available only to companion animals of Cavalier Cottage guests – see fees below)
- Availability of fenced-in yard
- Dog walks (weather permitting)
30 minute walk with one dog (weather permitting) – $15.00 (with 2 dogs $25.00). If additional daily dog care is required, a special rate can be offered.
It helps to have some idea of when you are arriving so we can be here to greet you. Please call 413.625-2262 or email us when you have your plans made.
Please also know that:
- Children are welcome
- Smoking is only permitted outdoors
- Gift certificates are available
- Cottage guests are eligible for a 10% discount on all the exciting outdoor activities at Zoar Outdoor. Visit www.zoaroutdoor.com for more details.
- Cottage guests are eligible for a $10 discount off daily lift tickets at Berkshire East (a few miles up Route 2 from the Cottage) enabling you to save and enjoy all their exciting winter ski activities. Visit www.berkshireeast.com for more information.